June 29, 2007

Family


You are my siblings,


Part of my blood;


I love you dearly,


As I should;


We were so close, us and Mom,


How could we see, what was to come;


So much time, to laugh and play,


No thoughts that it would end some day;


We lived as though it would always be,


Mom and Sherry, Tony and Me;


Young still, Sherry married,


She moved away,


Life changed for us all,


On her wedding day;


My sister was gone, what would I do,


My heart was so heavy, my thoughts were so blue;


Got caught up in life,


Years bolted ahead;


Fell in love with a boy,


in my school, and we wed;


All the time working,


Mom was always right there,


To tell us she loved us and show us she cared;


The last one to leave her,


Take flight from her nest;


Her beloved son, Tony,


Which posed, quite a test;


How would she manage,


What would she do;


All three children raised,


Work was all that she knew;


She still played a big part,


More than she'd ever know;


Love of our family,


Through her, it would grow;


We still remained close,


Seems like she was the glue;


That kept us together,


and got us all through;


Since she's been gone,


So much time has gone by;


We seldom see each other,


She would ask, WHY?


What would we say,


How would we feel;


Tears in her eyes,


The pain, oh so real;


To remember the time,


When we were so close;


Sherry, Tony and me,


Cherished memories of Mom, most.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Granny might ask "Why" to many things going on here- but I DO NOT think it would be to THAT QUESTION!Granny wasn't stupid and Granny didn't even see her own siblings that often at times.
Life progresses and times change- you have your memories of the way the were then and let that keep your heart happy. Those times are always there for you and truth be known,even if you were to see your siblings everyday- those beloved times of past would not be duplicated. TIMES HAVE CHANGED.