July 25, 2007

HELLO AND THANK YOU


Let's see if I can jot down a few thoughts this morning. Ummmmmmm.......let's see, yesterday, I got alot of things accomplished. I made my run to the Post Office for those new more expensive stamps. Who would have ever imagined a stamp costing .41 cents. I can well remember when a stamp was .5 cents. It sure seems to me that the price keeps going up and the service keeps going down....don't ya think? The woman working behind the counter was about as friendly as a Pit bull on a chain. What is it about working for the Post Office that seems to make people get very depressed and some disturbed.......are they upset that they aren't getting a piece of that pie every time that stupid stamp price goes up? I don't know what it is, but she sure had some issues. I find that happens at alot of other businesses too. My good old Walmart has been hiring some very undesirable characters. What's up with cashiers that don't greet you and neglect to say thank you and come back. When you choose to work for the public you have to put on your customer pleasing face.....that's the way it used to be and it should still hold true.....but it doesn't. I know working for the public can be a horrific experience, but I know from my own experience I just kept a smile on my face and agreed with my customer. Everybody has a little rant and rave in them on occasion. I am no exception to that rule. I have been known to go off when something doesn't set just right with me. I can see both sides of the coin. I do however think everyone should be more courteous and have more manners. It is simply common courtesy to say hello....how are you? I know most won't really care how you are and probably wish you would just get the heck out of there, but they should go by the old saying......treat others the way you would like to be treated. Oh well, enough on that subject. After a short trip into Wally's I made it back home. I started doing some yard work , but the intense heat ran me back inside. I dropped my weed eater where it lay and headed for the door. I thought mowing was bad, but try and pull weeds and weed eat out in the heat......miserable. My yard work drug out the entire day. I would go back out, do a little more then back in for a cool down. I didn't actually finish until about 8:00 last night. That was when I should have done the whole thing......it had gotten pretty cool by then, at least the sun was back behind the house and the whole front yard was shaded. I enticed Wayne to do a little watering so I could go do my walk before dark. So, ended another day. Oh, by the way, Saturday I celebrated my 53rd birthday. I had a very nice day. Wayne stayed out the whole day with me and we didn't get home that night until around 10:30. Dan had put in some new lighting in my kitchen for me while we were gone......I sure do like it. Traci took me out to eat at a new place and we really enjoyed it. Katherine made me a Key Lime pie which I didn't find until the next day and I had birthday cards that I didn't get out of the mailbox until yesterday........Thanks, Doll. I must say 53 didn't hurt at all. I even had the waitress at Red Lobster ask me for I.D. when I ordered a Strawberry Daiquiri.....now, I know it wasn't because I looked under age, but I can think that, if I want to.....sure made my birthday more fun. I'm kinda liking my 50's. I am old enough to do just about anything I want to........but can get away with it now. When your older people tend to say.....oh well, she's old, we'll let that slide. They are much more forgiving. Well, I did make it thru another blog and hopefully didn't bore you to tears. I guess life is just life for everyone and everyone has a story to tell. Till next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true about nasty postal workers. A lot of them see pretty unhappy.

Hi! I am Sonia said...

It is really sad but most everyone you come in contact with is disgruntled. The days of saying hello, holding doors open,and saying thank you are virtually over. My My My What's the world coming to?