July 10, 2007

Ramblings About Nothing

I am up this morning and already back from taking my little Baxter to get bathed and clipped. I sure hope he fairs better this time since I took him back to the good groomer lady. I will have to wait and see, that scratching had just about gone away. I certainly hope his hair cut doesn't bring it back. The sky is all cloudy and dark with yet another rain storm headed our way....WHAT"S UP WITH ALL THE RAIN????? This sure isn't like the July's I am use to. I finally did some mowing in our backyard, but right at the very back it was still standing in water so I didn't finish it all. The front could use it right now too, but I just can't muster up the want to go do it. I got to thinking that maybe I should just fill the yard with all kinds of flowering bushes, enough to take up all the grassy areas....now that would work for the front, but unfortunately with BIG GUS in the backyard.....bushes don't stand a chance, he would either dig them up, lay on them, or heist on them daily till he kills them. I put out six or seven Oleander bushes in the back last spring, but between him and the early frost they didn't make it thru the winter.... Gus had weakened their root system, I know by peeing on them. He had the grass around them brown so I know it had gone down to their roots. Anyway, I don't dare plant anything back there.....total waste of time and money. Wayne and I have kinda been out of sorts since vacation. We just can't seem to get motivated back into the ole hum drum life. Vacation, as great as it is, can be pretty depressing when it is over. It is like giving a child one little taste of some yummy candy and then holding the rest in front of their face, saying no more till later. Later seems soooo far away. I know, later will be here soon enough and we better enjoy the here and now.....having said that, I think I may have just gotten a jump start. I am back, trying so hard to shed some pounds, back to eating low fat and few calorie foods and am walking everyday, weather permitting. I have totally lost my walk partner. He has quit on me saying he HATES to walk, sooo I get myself ready and go by myself. I did so enjoy his company. It is always nicer to walk with someone. I struggle with my weight issues all by myself and on top of that I am in charge of his weight issues also. I have to prepare things that are not so bad for him, but even they are things I don't eat......meals are fixed, JUST FOR HIM. I can see that I am tryin to get together a pity party....sorry, I know no one wants to go to that. I really didn't have a topic for today so I am just rambling on about nothing......so, I am gonna stop here and say....Till next time.

No comments: