September 4, 2007

Moving Day


Moving Day, moving Day,


Oh what fun;


The packing, the boxes,


The aching back, to come;


Oh, the great excitement,


with everything so new;


All the work, that must be done,


Can't stop until we're thru;


Change can be so wonderful,


A breath of life renewed;


I love all new beginnings,


This poem could be construed;


It's not I, I write about,


Tho, I wish it were;


Almost my time, to change my scene,


On this we can concur;


I am eager, till it's my turn,


The boxes lay in wait;


Beloved possessions, in them go,


My moving day is fate;


There's no good byes, to what once was,


Can be no looking back;


They go amongst the things we store,


Our treasures, that we pack;


Until it's time to move ahead,


I watch my daughters joys;


Delight in all her new beginnings,


New home, with husband and boys.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where ya going?

Hi! I am Sonia said...

Oh, I'm not going far.....just closer to my daughter.I will still be right here in blog land.