September 10, 2007

Rainy Day


I sit and drink my coffee,


I listen to the thunder;


The things I planned to do today,


may have to go asunder;


In pouring rain, is not the time,


you want to go outdoors;


All the mess that it will cause,


those wet and muddy floors;


Now, let me see, what can I do,


with time, to spend inside;


I'll wash the clothes and tidy up,


don't want to, I'll confide;


Clothes, they are a washing,


The bed, I've got it made;


Still want to do the things outside,


In bed, I wish I'd stayed;


I may just have to take the chance,


of getting myself soaked;


A little rain, never hurt no one,


No one has ever croaked;


I'll get up and I'll get dressed,


The rain, I hope, will stop soon;


If I get drenched, Oh, so what,


I'll be the creature from the black lagoon;


So, till next time, as I always say,


New things, will be on my mind;


I'll express them to you,


as best I can, with words, I like to find.


No comments: