May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

What a glorious weekend. My Mothers Day actually started at the beginning of the week, when Katherine called and said she wanted to take me out to lunch for the up and coming Mothers Day on Sunday. We had good food with some interesting talk....a really nice time...THANKS KATHERINE!

The week flew by, on Friday Traci presented me with a Gardenia plant...I LOVE gardenia, THANKS TRACE! Saturday morning Traci and I headed to Sherman for breakfast and then to go spend the day with my Aunt's, cousins and various other family members. We had a blast as always. We cussed and discussed everything you can imagine. We tell tales that get us to laughing so hard we cry. My cousin, Sue can tell a funny story better than any stand up comic I have ever seen. We sit and eat and drink coffee, talk, laugh, eat some more, drink more coffee, laugh and laugh, till I get to feeling sick, cause I am sooooo full and laugh so hard.

There is no sweeter person in the world than my Aunt Jo. She makes you feel right at home. She has never put on aires or been uptight about ANYTHING. She always goes with the flow and has never seemed to sweat the small stuff. She is my kind of lady. She has FIVE kids, SIX grand kids, FOUR GREAT grand kids, but still so alive and vibrant, there seems to be no generation gap at all. She is truly a great person. We love the time we get to spend at her house. We didn't get on the road home until around 10:00 that night.

Sunday, Wayne and I made our way to Plano,to take his Mom out to eat. We arrived around 12:30, but decided to wait a little bit before heading to eat...hoping the crowds would be thinning. We left out at 1:30, arrived at our eatin joint at about 2:00 and there were people out the door all over the outside....EVERYWHERE!!! So, we went to plan B, which was to NOT EAT THERE! We decided to check out another one and tho it was pretty crowded, it wasn't quite as bad as the first one. It turned out to be a good choice. The food was really good, all you could eat, great service, nothing to complain about. We visited with his Mom, Dad and sister for a little bit and then made our way home.

Last, but certainly not least, My son, Dan comes knocking on our door and totally surprised me with a visit for Mother's Day.....perfect, absolutely a perfect Mother's day. He had a card for me, that he personally picked....I loved that.

I have the greatest family ever. I love them ALL so much. I am so blessed to have you all in my life. Thank you, to everyone! Till next time.

No comments: