August 2, 2007

Boisterous And Demure


Yesterday was my yearly visit to the Dr. for Pap Smear and overall physical. I dread that so much every year.....sure was glad when it was over. All seemed well, but of course I will have to wait for my Paps results. Traci and I went together as we usually do, traveling the 2 hours to get to the same Dr. we have had for years. It is always worth the trip. While waiting our turn, an older lady was already sitting in front of us, but then another elderly lady sat down. Before she could even get all the way sitted, she was talking to us, saying that she was fixing to turn 72.....now, let me tell ya, she was as spry as the day is long. In contrast the other lady who was very quiet and demure, hardly cracking a smile and saying very little. Ms. Boisterous, asked the other lady how old she was......she answers, 81.........OH! Ms. Boisterous says, your just a baby......I want to live to be 95. Ms. Demure didn't say a word, but her face expression was saying.....well I DON"T! Ms. Boisterous went on to tell of the several back surgeries she had had, one lasting 6 hours and she laid claim that after only 3 hours in the recovery room, per her request, her Dr. put a back brace on her and allowed her to drive herself home, now, she did say someone was with her, but this person didn't know the way home and she did. I didn't doubt a word she said. She went on to tell us that her back problems started when she was out building a dock.....yep, that's what she said. She was a real hoot and had that lust for life that I am always wanting to hold on to. She said she had some aches and pains, but just kept on going....worked right thru them. Ms. Demure said she had no pain, but no energy to do anything......was it lack of that lust that Ms. Boisterous has that keeps that lady from feeling energetic. I don't know, but I want to be like Ms. Boisterous.......that woman had GAME. She doesn't sit on the side lines and wait for life to happen to her, she makes things happen in her life.....She's my kinda gal. I don't know why either of the lady's were at the Dr., but I wish them both well and it would be to my delight to run into both of them again next year when our annual trip is made. Till next time.

No comments: