January 4, 2008

A German Town In Texas

Yesterday, Traci, me and the boys traveled to a little town just north of us called Muenster. It is a small German town. We partook of the German cuisine for lunch, which consisted of Reuben sandwiches, Bratwurst, Schnitzel and delicious fried potatoes done with a German flair. We then drove about town. We found a town clock perched above a small grocery store. It chimed every quarter and had figurines of girls and boys dressed in typical German attire. They danced around as the whole thing pivoted around itself........quite interesting. The antique stores beckoned to us and we felt it only right to answer the call. I think the kids enjoyed this outing immensely. Hunt was quite the antique scavenger and found himself some treasures. I, being an old coin lover, found a Mercury head dime pendant. I am thinking the date is 1935, but even with my glasses on it's hard for me to be sure. I do love old coins. I always think of the journey each one must of had. The number of hands and pockets it had been in. The people lives, of whom each one was part of for probably a short time. It can boggle the mind when you really get to thinking about it. We ended our trip with a visit to the German bakery. Traci bought two very delicious smelling strudels to take home. We had an Apple Fritter to delight our taste buds on the way home, with a stop a Sonic for some coffee to go with it........PERFECT!!!! Man, was I full. It was a great, memorable day. Thanks! Guys! Till next time.

No comments: