March 27, 2008

Boiling Blood


Hey There! I have gotten intrigued with my TV shows....all reality ones. There's AMERICAN IDOL, DANCING WITH THE STARS and SURVIVOR. I didn't think I was gonna like the people chose to dance this time, but ya know what??? I am really enjoying them. Though I think Pricilla Presely had one too many face jobs and looks quite weird when she smiles, I give her kudos for getting out there for the world to see. She is really quite a good dancer. Now, Idol has been really interesting, but they are starting to advertise "Idol Gives Back" which makes my blood start boiling. Look back through my posts and you will find, my rant and rave over this topic. They raised 75 MILLION dollars last time, but it seems, go figure, that these problems are still there. They always make it sound like that just a little change can feed a child, but for some reason 75 million doesn't get the job done.....so here they go again. Idol gives back.....HELLL FIRE!!!! Idol gives what they can get the American people and American corporations to donate to them. Oh, I am sure that for publicity purposes they will dig deep to offer up some minute figure, of that wealth that the show has brought in. Ya know, when you have thrown money at a problem for decades and the problem still exists, ya got to think......THIS AIN"T WORKIN!!!!! I am all for helping people and getting them back on their feet, but then they have to stand on their own and take responsibility for them selves. I love this adage....as long as the training wheels are on, you will never learn to ride the bicycle. Haven't we been the training wheels long enough? I know, I come off hard hearted, as I did last time, but I say what I know, most Americans feel. We really aren't doing these people any favors....it's just like the grown kid that doesn't want to leave the nest.....WHY WOULD HE???? He is being taken care of and doesn't have to do a thing. NO one in America should be starving.....that's why we have food stamps, Lone Star Cards and soup kitchens. What more do we need to do.....go shopping, bring the food home and cook it, then deliver to them ourselves. Come on people....get a grip! The African situation is more complex, but there again, we have tried to help for DECADES and though things may be somewhat better for some, the problem will never be solved unless the money is used to cultivate their lands and bring in some form of irrigation so they can start growing their own crops and start working towards a better future for their children. There again, they have to be willing to take the training wheels off and ride that bike by themselves, once they have been steadied and heading in the right direction. I do hope that some money has been put towards a new levee in New Orleans and that all this rebuilding is for not. New houses and businesses are just a temporary fix if something wasn't done about the LEVEES. Ya can't live in a desert and ya can't think your safe living in a place that is below sea level....HELLLOOOO!!!!Heck, we might as well relocate ALL of these people, it might just be cost effective in the long run. As for Survivor, they have really got some bird brains on this time. They vote off the strong helpful ones and keep the weak do nothings...what are they thinking??? I have just about had it with the ones that get lucky enough to be chosen to be on survivor and then decide they can't hack it and want to go home. I know I couldn't and wouldn't want to be away from my family that long and under those conditions.... especially under those conditions....what did they think it was gonna be like....a luxury vacation? Then there is poor Jonathan, crying cause he had to leave....sad, just sad. Well, that's my take on my beloved shows. Till next time.

No comments: