November 2, 2007

Friday and TheTactless Man

Good Old Friday....once again. It really does seem like these weeks are just flying by. Yesterday turned out to be a stay at home day. I got some more, putting away done. I seem to have a knack for putting things away and finding a place for everything. I have, not used very much, stuff up in the attic. I have cleaned out and stowed away till the place isn't looking too junked up anymore. Now, the over sized furniture, I can't do much about that except to get rid of it and buy new smaller furniture. The bedroom set was a Valentine gift to me from Wayne several years ago. It holds some sentimental value and I really do like it. So, who cares if the bed takes up the whole room......in the bed, is where we're at, when we are in that room.......right?
Traci and I did the ball routine again this morning.......I really do love it! I think I may have to get the tape myself so I can do it when I want to. Trace switches out and does different tapes, but those tend to be too difficult for me. We do still walk too......most every day. That is my all time favorite thing to do. I could walk and walk and walk. This is not to say that I don't get tired, cause I do, but just a little breather and I am ready to go again.
Wayne has totally dropped the ball, as far as doing any kind of exercise. He wants to lose weight so bad, but puts no effort in it.......oh now, he would beg to differ. He thinks that cutting down to one HUGE plate of food at meal times is all he has to do. He's in denial, people. He thinks he can shed those pounds effortlessly, like he did when he was a young man.....just cut back on the intake and WA....LA!!!! He really cracks me up. He was telling me the other day that he just didn't understand how I diet and exercise all the time and .....get this.....get no results. Was that a big ole slap in the face, or what??? As soon as he gets it out of his mouth he starts trying to tell me that's not what he meant, but HELLOOOO, there is no other way to take it. I told him that maybe I don't have the body that I did as a young woman, but just think what I would look like if I didn't watch what I eat and exercise the way I do. It's a dang good thing that I have as much self esteem as I do cause he sure aint no ego builder. He has never been one to give a compliment, but it seems the older he gets the less tact he has. This age brings on so many things for a woman to be insecure about. It's a time in life when a women wants to hear that she is still beautiful and desirable........I think he needs to have a chat with Dr. Phil or have a swift hit to the head with my frying pan. If I didn't know that he comes by this trait naturally I would really be offended. Doll knows who I speak of.....right, Doll? Oh well, I still love him, warts and all.
Have a GREAT weekend. Till next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sonia, I know what you mean. Been telling G for years that he has no tact. Guess what he did today...He saw a sign for a dozen roses for $9.95...he asked me if I'd like to have some. I told him that "no, I didn't want them if I had to tell him that I did. Those are things that are appreciated when they come because you want to get them for me." He said, "Well, I don't want to." I said ,"Fine."