November 19, 2007

The Holiday's

I am up and moving fast this morning.....don't know why. I feel like I have so much to do, but really.....I don't. I have already made our bed, cleaned the bathroom, got dishes washing......I'm really ahead of the game. I did our washing yesterday, so no clothes to wash. I still need to get the floors cleaned and I have some errands I need to do, but it wouldn't be horrible if I don't get it all done today. I think I am already getting excited about going to Wayne's sister's house for Thanksgiving. The drive is going to be spectacular. We are planning on taking the scenic route. I guess it has been since last years holidays that we have seen Sharon and family, so it will be a nice visit. I am really looking forward to it.
Sharon was just 12 years old when Wayne and I married. I thought she was the sweetest and dearest little girl. I think we clicked right off the bat. I remember her and I giggling at my first dinner with all of them........I was sooooo nervous and very insecure, she lightened a very tense time for me. I guess for her it is hard to remember life before me. I must say, I have to think way back to get to the time before them. I still had a lot of growing up to do when I married at 18, but you know what, I think I did it, being the best wife and Mother that I could be. I take great pride in my home, my marriage, my children and now, grandchildren. Wife and Mother was definitely my calling in this life. Nothing I could have accomplished in the career world could have been more fulfilling for me. I never even considered a career, not even as a little girl. I always played wife and mother. It is such a great and significant role to play.
Well, it is already after 9:oo this morning and my work out mate still hasn't called......she must be sleeping in this morning. I am such a morning person and you know what.......I never would have believed I could be when I was a young girl....I sure am now, tho. Oh well, enough of the reminiscing.....till next time.

No comments: