May 7, 2007

Our Anniversary

Well, Saturday May the 5th was our 34th wedding anniversary. I can hardly believe we have been together that long. When I woke up Saturday morning I remembered back to that day, which was also a Saturday. I don't remember being nervous at all, but I sure think my poor Mother was a wreck. I don't think she was ready for me to leave the nest, tho she never said so, she did come sit down on the bed beside me and looked straight into my eyes and told me that if I didn't want to go thru with it or had second thoughts she loved me and would stand by me in whatever I decided. Well, here it is 34 years later and I have never looked back. I don't know, and really don't want to know what life would have been like had I not married Wayne that day. I know this, if not for our union, I wouldn't have my Trace and Dan, hence no Hunter, Jayden, Kannon or Mason.....The thought makes me want to cry. They fill my life with such joy. Now, I started this blog simply to tell of the celebrating we did. We were up and out of the house by 10:00 which was a present in and of it's self from Wayne. Our first stop was to eat breakfast out.....well, let me tell ya, we SPLURGED, yep, we went to SONIC and ate in the car. After our delicious Breakfast Toaster sandwiches we headed over to the movie theater. The first movie playing was Spider Man 3, guess who we ran into there......RB and Hunter. We got our tickets and sat together.......it was FUN! The movie seemed to last a very long time cause by the time we got out of it, it was already around 3:00. We road around and killed some time here and there and then finished off our day at Red Lobster, by the time we were heading home it was after 7:00. I really enjoyed our day. To think, we are working on our 35th year together now. Wow!, where does the time go? I told Wayne it must be like the old saying....Time flies, when your having fun.

No comments: