May 10, 2007

Sleepless Night and Tooth Aches


WOW! What a night! We had thunderstorms to roll thru last evening. There was quite a show of lightening and thunder that really just started about the last 5 minutes of Idol....yes, I am still watching it...just when they are about to tell who was going home ....BAM!....the electricity goes off. Well, I kept sitting there and sitting there, waiting for it to come back on. Minutes are ticking by. It turns 9:00 and I know....I HAVE MISSED THE VOTE OFF. Luckily, we had a candle burning already and I went and gathered up some more. Ya know how you do, looking out every window, making sure everyone elses power is off too. We paced from the front door to the back. It is kinda comical to see how we react to sudden darkness. I carry a candle down the hall to go to the bathroom, what do I do as soon as I reach the bathroom, try to turn the LIGHT on. Now, what is that???? I am standing there with a candle in my hand and try to turn on the lights. I snicker to myself, thinking....IDIOT! We, tired of going and looking out the door and couldn't think of anything else to do, went to bed. Now, HOT FLASHES thru the night with airconditioning and a ceiling fan going are just barely tolerable, with nothing, I thought I wasn't going to make it. I bet I was up at least ten times thru the night. The electricity did finally come back on and about scared me to death. I didn't realize how many lights we had left on, so we went from total darkness to BRIGHT LIGHTS!!! I woke with a start. My feet hit the floor almost simultaneously with the lights coming on. Then there's those dang clocks.....blinking, blinking, BLINKING!!! That drives me CRAZY!!! even with my eyes closed I still can see it. I don't know if it is just in my head or if I can actually see it thru my eyelids, but I have to actually turn away from it to get back to sleep. I finally went into a deep sleep, I think just moments before Wayne got up to go to work. Needless to say, I am still very TIRED this morning. I'm not sure how Wayne fared thru the night, but everytime I was up, he was asleep. I think he may have stirred a little when all the lights came on. He amazes me, the things he can sleep thru.

Now, for the tooth ache part. Wayne has had a jaw tooth with a crack in it for awhile now....well, last week it started hurting him. We haven't done so well to find new DR's to go to since we left Scurry. Those were our Dr's out there for 20 years. We decided to call a dental place right here close to us, for the convenience, ya know. I called and was told they had no emergency appointments available, but could call their sister office and get him in quicker. He went in the next day. Now, his tooth isn't hurtng anymore, as a matter of fact it had quit hurting the very next day, but we thought he better have it looked at before it really did start hurting with no let up. They told him they needed to do a ROOT CANAL on him. Needless to say....HE FREAKED! I had had a root canal done oh, probably 25 or 30 years ago and it wasn't pretty. That Dentist had no beside manner at all. It was a lonnnnnggggg!!!! procedure. My mouth remained open what seemed like for hours and IT HURT!!! I endured all of that and then after moving to Scurry that dang tooth started hurting me, well I had HAD IT! Our Dentist out there advised me to keep the stupid tooth, but being the hardhead that I am, I said PULL IT!!! He did and I have had no more pain form that area at all since. I was advised that there would be shifting and all kinds of horrilbe repercussions from the loss of the tooth, but in the twenty years since then, I have seen no difference. Anyway, Wayne has thought and thought about this and has decided he can't go the route I took, which is his decision. He is going in today to start the ROOT CANAL procedure. He has been told that it is NOTHING like it used to be.....well, we will just see. I am sure this will be a topic I will be touching on for the next few days, so BARE with me, it's going to be a dramatic event....I am sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ma, I am not so sure EVERYBODY runs to the windows and doors when their electricity goes out...This sounds like a "you and Daddy thing to me" :-)
I certainly never even thought of checking the neighbors for electricity outages.
Oh, don't worry yall's weirdness is quite lovable:-)