May 8, 2007

Sentimental Journey


I want to go traveling, take a trip you see

No bags are reguired, just memories


I want to return to the year 69

And with me, I want those cousins of mine


Remember the summer, when I came to stay

We laughed and we talked till the end of the day


We sat every day underneath that big tree

With all sorts of people coming, for us to see


There was Randy and Billy, Chuck and Mike

Terry and Steve and such, was the like


We seemed to stay busy, right under that tree

But nighttime was more fun, I'm sure you'll agree


Midnight runs to the store, when no one else knew

Frantic running and all the laughing we'd do


All the fun in the evening and into the dark

Don't forget about our hang out, ole Cherry Street park


The bike that we rode, that you said had no brakes

Running into the tree and countless other mistakes


Randy, jumping on my head in the pool

Trying to show off but just looked like a fool


When not under that tree, we would walk about town

Always loving to be silly and acting a clown


Those days were so joyful and full of such fun

So sad and depressing when summer was done


In our minds we can visit, there we can go

Me, Terri and Sue, the three stooges, ya know

No comments: