February 12, 2008

I'm No Couch Potato

Gosh, I can't beleive it is already Tuesday....seems, I was just writing a blog here and I look and see that was last Thursday. I'll start with Friday. All us girls were already together so we called the guys at work and asked if they would like to go out to eat that evening. I am always glad that the kids bring it up cause Wayne is more likely to go if they ask. Out to eat is like some kind of a torture treatment to Wayne....why....I don't know. It's not like he has to cook it or something. He is the BIGGEST couch potato I have ever seen and it seems, my energy and want to go have fun makes his butt stick to that couch even more. To me sitting and doing nothing is a sin....to sit in a house when the sun is shining and the weather is warm and gorgous is just a SIN!!! Anywho, the guys made it home and we loaded up and went to On The Border for some of their all you can eat enchiladas. We got there and GOOD GRIEF!!! the whole town of Denton was there. I went in and put our name in the pot and was told it was gonna be a 45 minute wait. We did wait for about 15 to 20 minutes then decided to go to a place in Sanger where we figured there would be less people and Dan and Katherine said it was sooooo good. I take the little light up thing back in to the girl and tell her to remove our name from the list. Off we go to Sanger. This is a small town just north of Denton. We got to the Mexican restaurant there and tho not as bad as On The Border there were still quite a few people there. We waited and waited and waited, what seemed to be 30 minutes at least. We finally got in and seated, but then another 20 minutes went by before we ordered.....well, I guess you have figured that we didn't get home till around 9:00. We started all that around 6:00. Saturday was a long dull day. I got up and went to Wally's while Wayne sat on the couch. We sat for the rest of the day. I did get him up to go pick up Hunt at Dan's and K's around 6:30 and we picked up some KFC while we were out, then back home to sit some more. Sunday morning we were catching up on reading our emails. One from Wayne's Mom concerned us. She was telling of a fall she had taken and now had a sore and swollen foot. We called her and Wayne being his usual tact self gave her a good chewing out for not calling us sooner. He asked if there was anything we could do to help and of course she said no....I said let me talk to her. Hey, I'm a housewife, I know that when I'm down ain't nothin getting done....at least not right anyway. I asked what I could do to help and asked about their meal situation....good gosh...I can't imagine relying on Glenn T. to feed me. I know Wayne learned everything he know's or doesn't know from watching his Dad . They could get in the kitchen and try to fix a meal and probably think they are doing a bang up job when in reality they have absolutely wore you out from all the questions.....where's the this, how do you do that, how long do I cook this for, do we have any?????? and so on. Just shoot me now cause the mess that's gonna come from that one little meal isn't gonna be worth it....I'll do without. After talking to her on the phone I got myself dressed and went to the closest store and got ingredients for a couple of casserole type dishes. I got back and went to cooking. We were on our way to their house by about 12:00. We had lunch together and I had time to throw a load of clothes on to wash, but it got to be almost 4:00 and we still had to clean the shop, so off we went. Man, if it weren't for the trip to Plano and the cleaning of the shop we would have vegetated on that freakin couch. Oh well, I got a fix yesterday with some running around with Traci. Target and Walmart and even lunch out......THANKS TRACE!!!!! I needed that. I am just like a dog.....if a car starts, I want to go and hanging my head out the window is a bonus.....I love to goooooo, and so I must for now. Till next time.

No comments: