February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!! I had the most beautiful arrangement of red flowers in a gorgous red vase delivered to me yesterday. I have never been so surprised. I have had one great Valentines this year. It started out with a gift of old coins....which I love. There was a braclet made up of an Indian Head nickle and very old Indian Head penny's on either side of it.....I love it! That was last week....then, I think it was Monday, Katherine brought me a HUGE heart filled with MY FAVORITE chocolate covered cherries and a very pretty card. Then, yesterday....the flowers. Man, I am truely blessed. I know the old coins idea came from Traci and I know she did the foot work at obtaining them, but I guess I can give Wayne credit now, for I think he did the flowers all on his own. They were such a surprise....it made me cry. I was feeling pretty lonely and taken for granted. Those arrived just in time to renew me and make me feel loved.....by Wayne, that is. He can be a real downer to live with sometimes. He gets it in his head....OH WOE IS ME.....and he can't seem to get out of it. When in this state, he does a lot of sleeping and sitting. He comes in from work, eats his dinner and as soon as the last bite is swallowed, he's asleep. I sit there the rest of the evening by myself, listening to him snore. Nothing, I say or do can make this mood of his go away. I always think, if he would just get up and get to moving he would feel better. I think lack of sunshine plays a big part in his moods. It is so amazing, that a person can be one way when they are young and then be totally different as they age. I would have never dreamed he was such a couch potato when we were dating. We were always out and about, doing things, LIVING!!! I also believe, the less you do, the less you want to do. Your energy level just keeps getting lower and lower. I wish it were in my power to make him feel better, but unfortunately it is up to him. He's not good at doctoring himself....he doesn't even try. Sometimes, I think he likes being so down and out. Anyway, I hate it for him. I want us to live each day with vigor and happiness. I want our old heads to be filled with fun memories of all our adventures. You have to work at everything in this life....your mental health is vitally important to your physical well being. I hope he can get into a better place in his mind.....it will certainly help me. Till next time.

No comments: