February 29, 2008

Our Thoughts

Ah!!!! That daughter of mine......she is the deepest thinker. She does come from a long line of mind provoking women. Though, the book Oprah is promoting right now is an eye opener to a lot of people, I can't say....OH MY GOSH!!! My life's been changed. All the things it says somewhere in my soul, I have already felt and believed. I'm not saying I am more enlightened than other people, but I have taken each experience of this life and embraced it. I have always tried to find the lesson to learn from each one. Some are harder to find than others. If we all put more thought into our actions, just think of all the negativity that would end. In really thinking about what we say and do and how it is going to affect someone else we could eliminate a lot of conflicts. It is our thoughts that can bring about our true selves and help us live the kind of lives we really want. We hide behind masks, always afraid to be our true selves. My first thought comes to what Traci and I talked about yesterday, how we are all so ate up with what everyone else thinks of us....what we say, wear, drive, where we live.....who are we trying to impress? Why do we spend our lives comparing ourselves to each other....always trying to look better, have more....I just don't get it!!! I just want to live, get joy from each God given day. So much emphasis is put on money and the THINGS it can buy us. Sometimes, I feel like, I would like to shed myself of all my worldly possessions, just go back to being totally free or least as free as you can be in this adult life. I know, it is not possessions that make me happy. I have serenity and joy from each sunrise and sunset..... the breath of life breathed through all the hours in between and living in the moment. That's my thought for the day......Live in the moment, each one is a precious part of our lives. Till next time.

No comments: