February 1, 2008

Nursing The Sick


He is home with me today.....I saw it coming yesterday afternoon. He could barely talk and has a horrible cough. His night was very fitful with sweats followed by cold chills. I feel so sorry for him. I know he has full blown FLU!!! Man, I don't want to catch it from him. We haven't kissed in a week....not goodbye or hello as usual, in hopes of keeping his germs to himself. He is in bed, hopefully getting some rest from the restless night. I wonder why it is when you are sick all the symptoms seem to worsen in the night time especially when trying to sleep. I figure you have guessed by now that I speak of my beloved husband. I will have to get things rolling this morning and go make him some nouishment for the old belly. He is gonna need to start in with some meds and you can't or shouldn't do that on an empty stomach. Ahhhh, men and sick, not a good combo. I will wait on him and nurse him because that is the treatment I would like to have if and when I get sick, but I dream on.....men or at least my man has no clue how to care for another human being......what am I talking about???? He can't or doesn't even take care of himself. Oh well, I am gonna be the good nurse maid and hopefully my Karma will bring it back to me in my time of need. Guess, I better cut this short and punch the old time clock....the sooner I get started doctoring my sweet, the sooner life can return to normal...our normal anyway. Till next time.

No comments: