February 7, 2008

Torture On The Massage Table

I started on my way to my massage yesterday with what I thought was plenty of time, but in getting behind a slow moving TRACTOR of all things, I started stressing out. I frantically made my way around him and took off. I was going to make one, mind you one little stop, by the mailbox to deposit a letter on my way.....dang if it didn't almost make me late. I did manage to pull in with a couple of moments to spare. I got in there, met my masseuse, filled out a short questionare, and then dissrobed and climbed onto the table. I was quite comfortable....the room was dimmly lit, soft tranquil music playing and I was totally covered with a sheet. She started at my head.....yep, the old noggin. I really did enjoy the kneading of my skull and neck. She talked non stop, which really interrupted my wanting to just zone in on the massage.....I wanted to lax out, have no thoughts and just take in the relaxing atmosphere. She took my arms, one at a time and starting at my fingers working her way up. She used soothing oil that smelled sooo good. Just when I thought this was going to be a GREAT, STRESS RELIEVING encounter......she started digging into my shoulders. Her fingers seemed to be trying to break the skin and get right into the muscle. In my mind I was screaming.....HELLLLLLLLL FIRE!!!!!!!! LADY....THAT HURTS!!!!! I thought, ok, she will move on and that excruciating pain of her digging digits will stop, but it seemed she found a spot she truely disliked and wanted to cast it from my body. Just when I thought I was gonna have to make a break for it and go running out the door, she moved on. I loved the rubbing of my feet, legs and my back....oh goodness MY BACK....that was soooo good. She did this thing where she would stop and lay her hands on me.......I would almost feel like I was being levitated off that table and that she was making something release and flow from my body. So, aside from the pain inflicted on my shoulders, I really did enjoy the rest. I would like to go again, but will be telling her ENOUGH ALREADY on the shoulders. They are so tender to the touch this morning and I don't know, maybe that's what a real massage is suppose to be like, but all I can say.....how do they think you can relax a get destressed when you are being TORTURED!!! There's my review....cornball as it is. Till next time.

1 comment:

JadeB said...

Mom, using the mailbox perched directly in front of our house would work excellently. Oh- mom is nuts and thinks the personal mailboxes are not as magically useful as the actual public post offices. Ma, you're nuts!(but I still love yah!)