February 17, 2008

My Head Is Spinning

I have had quite a weekend.....which actually started sometime Thursday night. I had done some yoga Thursday morning, everything seemed fine. I had been feeling a little drug out, not near as much energy as usual,but not sick, anyway, I suffered with back pain through my sleep Thursday night. I got up Friday morning with pain middleways down the right side of my back. I figured it was caused from a pose I had done with the yoga thing. I decided I would do a little palates and work it right out.....well, I got down in the floor and just as I got started the room started spinning and I was so drunk I couldn't even get out of the floor. I finally did make it on to the couch. The vertigo stopped, but I still felt dizzy or kinda light headed. I decided I better just sit on the couch and put the heating pad on my back. The vertigo thing was still happening , but not all the time. This was scaring me to death. I have never been dizzy like that before. Wayne, just so happened to call and of course in hearing his voice I felt like I could let go, so I started crying.....just in relief.....you know, how we women do. He instructed me to just take it easy and rest on the couch for the day. I took heed and stayed on the couch all day. I did get to feeling better and by late that afternoon got up and made Wayne his Valentine....Late Valentine, dinner of Pork Chops, Rice and Gravy. Things seemed pretty good until we went to bed and I tried to lay down.....OH MY GOSH....the room began spinning. These spells were so intense, I would feel sick to my stomach. Now, I had not been sick, as you know, I had nursed Wayne thru what we thought was the flu, but I had kept it at bay as far as I was concerned and aside from feeling tired, I thought I was fine. We debated wether or not to go to the Emergency room. Though this was scaring me to death, I decided to wait till morning and see how I felt then. Well, the night was long, with many awakenings and several dizzy headed trips to the bathroom. I got up first, I knew I still felt light headed, but wasn't having the vertigo sensation. I sat down on the couch and decided to try and lay down and THERE IT WAS AGAIN!!!! As soon as the room stopped spinning I got up and went and told Wayne he was gonna have to get up. I was in panic mode....WHAT THE CRAP WAS THIS?????? I thought of a blood clot, or blocked vein, CANCER...something causing this weird spinning. We dressed and made our way to the Emergency Room. The closer we got the more I didn't want to go.....I kept running it over and over, do I really want to go? Do I really need to go? NO, I thought, I don't want to go....do I need to???? Now, that I didn't know. In we go. We went through the usual things, all the questions and explanations of what brought us there that morning. They did a complete once over on me. Blood tests, Cat scan of my head, Xray of my back, EKG, urinanalysis....the whole nine yards. We were in there for HOURS and HOURS!!!!! The dizziness was still there, but all tests come back absolutely negitive. No signs of any malfunctions or anything that could contribute to my condition. I got a clean bill of health, with some dizziness on the side. Their diagnosis was that I had an inner ear infection of some sort that was causing the spinning. They gave me a Anti Vertigo pill, had me sit there for a few minutes and then sent me home. I do seem to be better, but I still feel somewhat lightheaded, just sitting here typing is causing me to feel drunk. I took an Allergy pill last night and slept like a baby. The spinning wasn't nearly as intense when I sat up for the first time this morning, but it is still there. The Dr. said the ear thing will correct on it's own. I am just gonna have to wait it out. This is one Valentines I will never forget. I was suppose to get to go out for dinner Saturday night, but had to settle for......Jack In The Box. Not that I wanted anything to be wrong with me, but I hate that ALLLLL that money spent was for nothing. I guess I can think of it as my yearly check up. I was given a clean bill of health and peace of mind does go a long way. Well, that's my wonderful weekend story. Till next time.

No comments: