December 27, 2007

Back To Normal

Things are getting back to some kind of normalcy. I spent yesterday de Christmasing the house. I get great joy in taking my house back over....all the decked halls and holiday tidings are once more in their resting place in the attic. When it comes time to put it all away, less is more....ya know, what I mean? I know, most people keep the cheer going until after New Years, Christmas trees still standing and lights still burning, but for me,the 26th of December brings an end to the actual holiday celebrations. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the festivities of New Years, but here of late I find it harder and harder to even be awake when the New Year comes in. We have never been big partiers, but we did use to at least stay up until the New Year rang in........Man, we are sooooo over the hill.
I ventured out for some errands yesterday also. I took back some shoes to Sears, I had bought for Wayne. I swear, that man's feet are almost sub human. They are just about as wide as they are long and get this, he is the only person I have ever seen with a left foot larger than his right, usually it's the other way around. I always have to get a wide and did so, in this pair, but for some reason they were still too tight. He is so persnickety and hard to buy for especially in shoes, but getting him in a store is like pulling teeth. He's gonna have to go if he wants new shoes tho.....I just got my money back yesterday and thought.....I'm not gonna make a dozen trips back and forth trying to find a shoe that fits......he ain't Cinderella. From there I went to the Bank, making a deposit I have been meaning to make for a week now. My last stop was at Brookshires. I had already cooked a pot of Red Beans and was going to put hamburger in them, which I didn't have.....uuuummmmm, I LOVE Red Beans. I put them on to cook, first thing yesterday.......I was really on top of my game...... don't ya think? I cooked them with onions and seasonings first, then add two cans of Rotel and browned hamburger. I did a real NO NO too and fried Wayne and I some potatoes. I don't fry anymore so it has been ages since we had home fried taters. Red Beans and fried taters......it just don't get any better than that. A real Texas treat. I would have loved to have had a big ole piece of corn bread, but I thought that took us over the top. Wayne had his beans over a bed of rice and I ate one slice of whole grain bread with mine. Some down home cooking after all the holiday stuffing and sweets was a welcomed change. Amongst the other things I mentioned, I also got two loads of clothes washed. I feel sooooo free today. I love the feeling of being caught up on everything.
I am looking forward to 2008 and my wish is for many great adventures and lots of time spent with the ones I love. I will say for now, till next time.

No comments: