December 28, 2007

Health Care And Insurance

Today I am thinking about Doctors and Dentists. I read some stuff from the Boomer Chronicles and found , much to my surprise that there are lots of folks out there with no Dental Insurance. They spoke of broke teeth from soft breads and other dental catastrophes that required astronomical costing trips to the dentist for repairs. My thoughts go to a dentist, in the small town we lived in for over 20 years. I think his practice was rather new when we first started going to him, but this guy could teach some of these new fangled dentists a thing or two. His concern was not what our insurance would pay for , but what our dental needs were. He never forced any procedure on us, but was extremely thorough in his examinations and conveyed exactly what he thought we needed for our dental health. I always felt totally secure in his judgments. I can honestly say, he never hurt me....not once and this man not only did fillings , he did crowns, bridges and I even had him pull a tooth for me that I had , had a root canal done on years before we moved there from an incompetent guy that DID hurt and tortured me for hours. Most dentist today are more concerned with the cosmetic part of dentistry. They make you feel that you just don't measure up if your teeth are not perfectly straight and glowing white. Now, I care about my appearance as much as the next 50 something bleached blonde female, but the health of my teeth and gums are the reasons I visit the dentist. I am sad to say that since our move we have been unable to replace our beloved dentist and we have sifted through quite a few Doctors too that don't live up to the understanding and care we recieved from the Doctors in that same said town. Our search is ongoing and I do hope that maybe there is the same dedicated dentist and doctor out there in our area just waiting for us to call and make an appointment. I will keep trying in the quest for those same kind of professionals we were blessed to have for all our years in that small town.
That's my thoughts for now. Till next time.

No comments: