December 29, 2007

My New Year Wish


The end of December




The New Year draws near




What lies before us




In the 2008 year




The end of a war




I pray in my heart




A new leader to vote in




His reign then will start




The issues before us




Illegals and such




Must find a solution




America, can't be their crutch




Americans stand together




In this endeavor




What we do now




Will affect us forever




We still are united




I hear it in talk




We do it in whispers




Now, we must walk the walk




2008 must be the year




Stand by our convictions




We have nothing to fear




Americans, to learn Spanish




Should be simply by choice




It is they, to speak English




The language of our voice




Politically correct




I guess, I am not




I stand with the soldiers




For this land, who have fought




Americans are all colors




Red, yellow, black and white




They speak English, love this country




Fly our beloved Stars and Stripes


No comments: