December 3, 2007

Girls Day Out


Yesterday was blissful.....Trace and I went out shopping, just us girls.....no kids....no men, YAHOO!!! We had the best time. We started out with a delicious lunch at On The Border, Mexican food.....my all time favorite. We then made our way to the Lewisville Mall, quite surprising, it wasn't crowded at all....imagine that? With only 3 more weekends till Christmas we were expecting LARGE crowds of people. I have to admit that I wound up buying more for myself, than presents for others, but I just couldn't resist some of the great bargains on some cute clothes I found. I have many gift ideas swimming around in my head....seems tho, when I get into a store my mind goes BLANK. We left the Mall and zipped back to Flower Mound to an absolutely wonderful Walmart they have just opened there.....we found the crowds of people.....who knew they were all shopping at Walmart? Oh, let me tell you, it is a Grand store, not like any Walmart I have ever been in. I was afraid that the prices were going to reflect the hoity toity atmosphere of this new giant, but as soon as we entered, I saw that yellow smiling head, with a price slashed underneath it and knew.....bargains were to be had. It was great! I can definitely see myself make the drive to shop there. Funny, but when we started our jaunt it was warm and muggy, so fittingly, I wore Capri's and a T shirt. On our way out of the Mall the wind had changed direction and was blowing MUCH cooler air. I was longing for my sweat shirt and jeans. The sun was still shining as we entered Wally's, but on our retreat it was dark and MUCH colder. Texas weather.......you never know what to wear. You can start off fine, like we did, but then in the span of just a couple of hours it's like you flew off to another country or something. Don't get me wrong, I love my Texas. I was lucky enough to be born and raised here, but I have always had a desire to be in a beautiful snow covered quaint little town for the holidays and somewhere tropical.....Hawaii would do, for the rest of the time. I can dream, can't I?


We have a long list of errands to do today......groceries to buy and a trip to the Post Office and so on and so on. I better get up and get things started. Till next time.

No comments: