December 2, 2007

Hunter's Bistro


I want to tell you friends........make way for the new, upcoming, prize winning, chef. That 12 year old grandson of ours is a prodigy in the kitchen. He has an inborn talent with food. Wayne and I were caregivers of Traci's 3 yesterday. This was a late birthday present to RB.....the gift of time, ya know.......that's my specialty.......Anyway, I made a trip to the store and Hunt asked if I would buy some Avocados. He has had his own dip recipe stuck in his head for several weeks now. His prompting on this was home grown jalapenos from Dan's garden. I had told him...NO, but as always, I caved and not only bought the Avocados, but tomatoes and chilies as well. Let me tell you that boy took those ingredients added some of those superb peppers and with a few more dashes of secrets, made the BEST guacamole I have ever had.....bar none. He knows the right ingredients to put together to make a sumptuous taste. He has kneaded together some really wonderful breads, adding spices and cheeses to them, just like a pro. The best part is, that he has a real passion for cooking. To me, the idea of making money doing something you love is about the best thing in the world.......so many of us spend a lifetime working at something we absolutely hate and despise going to every day. Kudos to him.......I want to do nothing , but encourage him and be the first to congratulate him on the opening of HUNTER'S BISTRO.


I don't know what talents lay in wait from our other grand sons, but I know, they each have a uniqueness and when they find their passion and work towards it, they will be successful and have a happy work life. The possibilites are limitless, I have every confidence in each one......words from a doteting Granny. Till next time.

No comments: