December 12, 2007

Scrooge


I'm disgruntled this morning,




No Christmas bliss;




What used to be fun,




Is somehow amiss;




The hustle, the bustle,




I'm now in the dumps;




Who cares about Santa,




and his reindeer chumps;




The pressure, the tension,




I want to scream;




Be glad when it's over,




This nightmarish dream;




I know we must think,




He's the reason for the season;




but, what I can see,




It's not he, that we're pleasin;




Why can't we just do,




What we all want to do;




To the rest, say BAH! HUMBUG!,




Won't do it, I'm through;




I know I'll get over,




This cranky ole state;




Today's view, is quite fleeting,




It's passing, I'll wait;




Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays,




Who gives a crap;




The money we spend ,




All those presents to wrap;




All the time that it took,




Putting under the tree;




In seconds, it's over,




What a mess there will be;




Where is my spirit,




Where did it go;




I have always, loved Christmas,




But, this one thing, I know;




It's lost it's innocents,




The simplicity of youth;




We said Merry Christmas,




and said it in truth,




No, feelings of pressure,




Like those of today;




Just wonderment of Santa,




His reindeer and sleigh;




I want it back,




The excitement and joy;




I hate being grown up,




dealing with things, that annoy;




I want to be happy,




and have lots of fun;




I'll go back in time,




In my mind, till it's done;




I want to say MERRY CHRISTMAS!,




and say it with glee;




MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL,




Even Ebenezer and me.
















No comments: